Hi Christine, I love the approach you took in showing the client factual reports and assisting them in researching the topic. Often times I find that when clients bring up medication concerns with their GP its brushed off and they are instructed to continue taking or given a basic medication side effects list, instead this approach of giving the client the proper tools and information to educate and learn about the medications they are taking destroys that wall of us vs the client in regards to medication and more towards us and the client learning about the medications.

Something similar I find helpful is when clients ask questions in regards to a medication or a possible side effect, even if I know the answer already instead of telling them I say something along the lines of “well lets look into this and see what we find” and together we look at the possible side effects that a medication can have. Allowing them to feel more in control of the situation while I can still ensure they are getting the correct information.