Home – NEW Forums Module 6 – Comorbidity & Relapse Spring 2023 cannabis and harm reduction NOT as a harm reduction! Reply To: cannabis and harm reduction NOT as a harm reduction!

I personally have found that when working with youth getting them to see how cannabis impacts their mental health can be tricky as they really don’t want to discuss it or explore it . Usually these youth have had so many adults attempting to educate them on how it’s bad for them that they are completely shut down to the discussion or have come up with their own (non reliable) research on how it is good for their mental health. I find that the best motivational tool is the U in RULE where you find out their motivation to use and give them space to have their voice heard on the subject. The area I have personally struggled with is the educating the caregiver/parent on the harm reduction model especially around cannabis use as they are just so desperate to have their youth stop using it completely as they really want the best outcomes for their youth.